Thursday, February 9, 2012

He Is Risen!!

Pin It

I just got a Stampin' Up order and HAD to find an excuse to use this beautiful stamp.  I've stated many times that I am a cardmaker that needs a starting point - sketch, colors...something.  So I found a sketch by one of my favorite cardmakers that she made for a new sketch challenge at Scrapbook Essentials BC.  I cheated a little as I didn't add a sentiment at the bottom, but I like the focus that the sketch puts on the stamp...


What would be perfect on this card is little gold beads or pearls at the base of each scallop to beautifully frame the image.  But my cards are for our church card ministry and the addition of 20+ beads on each of the four cards we make of this design becomes costly.  I think that's part of the reason I tend toward simple cards - I am always watching the bottom line!  (Of course, my husband regularly points out - and probably accurately - that if I gave the money to the church that I spent on my supply stash, they would make more than they do through the ministry.  But what would be the fun in that!!?)

Here's a close-up of the touch of glitter that I added to the dove...




  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Easter Dove
  • Paper: white
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder (dots), Sizzix embossing folder (leaf), misc ribbon, detail gold embossing powder

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous embossing Kim, a beautiful card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this all white card with gold accents - so elegant, and such wonderful texture. Outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. Some day I must learn how to do bows like that! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is fabulous! =) I beg you to share how you make the most perfect bow I have ever seen... pleeease.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, Kim! Love the white on white ... definitely makes the stamp the feature! The texture is perfect and the bow is divine! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kim, this is lovely! The crispness of gold on white and the embossing...awesome. Thanks for joining us at SBEBC!
    Hugs,
    Lesley
    (PS-Thank you so much for the sweetness...made my day :D)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The layering of white on white texture with the touch of gold is gorgeous Kim. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the gold embossing and the white on white. Super stylish. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this elegant card. I have been looking for an Easter card for my church family and this is perfect. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!