Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bird of Hope

I know an incredible family from church.  They are very blessed financially, yet the father uses his time to run a local food bank as a full-time "volunteer".  They are also very busy keeping up with their five young children (including a set of triplets!).  But no one's life is ever as easy as it may look...the mother has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and has undergone a double mastectomy.  My heart and my prayers go out to this family.

I created this simple little card to let them know that people care and are praying...


Bird of Hope

This is definitely not a great photo - but I wanted to keep the shadows on the card to highlight the subtle embossing. 

I used the sketch from retrosketches and, as I wanted to keep it cheerful, I played along with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use bling.



  • Stamps: unknown "Hope"
  • Paper: white
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug large border embossing folder (done one way, then flipped and embossed the other way), bird and swirl stickers (they say "White Blossom" which I have never heard of, but I found them at one of the big box stores - there's a sheet of the birds and another sheet of the swirls), Quickutz tag, crochet thread

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kim, this card is amazing especially after reading your post about the recipient. Love it a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever. It's a piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The family will be thrilled to know you are thinking of them with this beautiful, subtle card Kim. My prayers and thoughts will them for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our card is beautiful Kim, a true glimmer of hope.
    Thanks for linking up to CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sparkly card Kim without being overdone. Thoughts go out to the family. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sweet card Kim & a very clever use of the embossing folder. A lovely way to let the family know you are thinking of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a thoughtful card for such a tragic situation, Kim. I'm very sorry this wonderful family has to travel this journey, but it sounds like they will have lots of love and kindness to light their way. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will certainly keep this family in my thoughts and prayers. Your card for them is gorgeous and is the perfect sentiment. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Kim. Love the dry embossed circles and the pretty sparkles. Awesome CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, my heart is heavy for this family. Cancer is so painful. A dear friend of mine is fighting breast cancer and now has metastsis to her brain. It is so hard to wrap our heads around at times. Your card brings a glimmer of hope. Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sad for this family, but I know the prayers and this beautiful card will be uplifting to them all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim this is a beautiful card, the glitter is fantastic. Want a lovely and thoughtful card and the hope tag is maybe just what this family needs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is stunning, Kim! Love the glitter paper! I do hope you are able to be a help and comfort to your friends at this difficult time!They sound like very special people! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure the family will be touched by your beautiful card Kim.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!