Friday, July 20, 2012

Purse Inspiration by The Alley Way Stamps

Every two weeks, the good folks at The Alley Way Stamps brings us an inspiration photo.  I am a new member of their design team - in fact, I don't really start until August, but I couldn't let this one go by!!


Prayers for You





Head to The Alley Way Stamps blog to see what the rest of the design team members did with this purse - you will be in awe of the rays of sunshine that you will see!!

I had the inspiration photo in mind when I stopped at Archivers a couple of days ago.  (A quick update on my time without a single male member of my household being home - after dropping the last one at the airport - I made a bee line for Archivers!!)  I had no time limits, no one to complain that I took too long - so I browsed each and every aisle.  As I found things, I had the time to shop for things that coordinated.  For example, the papers on my card come from completely different companies.  And..with my scraps from this card, I found beautiful velvet flowers in the grays and yellows to make a different card with the same paper. It was wonderful!

Also, while at Archiver's, I ran into a lady who recognized me from a time that she had visited my church cardmaking group.  She wanted my blog name so she could find out when the next time was.  I handed her the blog name - but them immediately realized that I don't put times and dates on my blog - and I should.  So many of you have emailed that you are nearby - I would love to have you join us.  Please realize that 3/4 of our church cardmaking group aren't from our church - just people who want to gather, chat, learn new techniques and styles, but with no sales pressure.  Any one is more than welcome!! So here's the details.

Cardmaking at Joy Lutheran Church
7051 E. Parker Hills Court, Parker CO
 The first Thursday evening of a month, 6:30-8:30
    and/or
The Friday afternoon after that Thursday, 1:00-3:00

Cards are designed and precut.  You make three of a card and you get one free!  Many of the cards come from my blog so you can get a taste of what will be available to make. Our gatherings range from small and intimate to large and raucous, just depends on people's schedule!!  Just drop in!!
  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Priceless Joy (butterfly) and words from Jibber Jabber and Chatterbox
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay and So Saffron, WeRMemory Keepers Down the Boardwalk (stripe), My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dolled Up (wood)
  • Ink: Versmark, Memento black, copics  (see my sidebar for downloadable Copic charts for matches to Stampin' Up and Papertrey paper)
  • Accessories: Papertrey Mat Stack 1 die, Stampendous Ivory Pearl embossing powder

IMPORTANT NOTE: For those of you that emailed me regarding the impression plate on my Free As A Bird card - it IS Papertrey Ink, but it is called SUNRISE, not Sunshine.  They do have an impression plate called Sunshine but it's circles.  Hopefully none of you ordered incorrectly (although I also love the Sunshine plate - it's lots of fun!)


Edited to Add: Colorado needs your thoughts and prayers again.  The mass shooting at a movie theater last night was just a block from the Archivers store that I mentioned.  There are 12 people dead so far and 50 people injured - ages down to 6 years old. 
 

3 comments:

  1. Super take on your inspiration photo. Love the stripey paper and wood effect. They team up perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous take on that photo Kim! Good grief, I had not heard about the shooting....I just checked it out and read about it. SO TRAGIC~thank you for asking for prayers~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful.. I love everything about it.. your colors, the papers, the embossing.. so pretty!
    I will be praying for the families involved in the shooting.. that is HORRIBLE.. keep safe.. hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!