Sunday, September 23, 2012

CASology Joy in White

Did you miss me?  You didn't even know that I was gone, did you?  I have been away for four days babysitting those charming nieces that I mentioned last week.  (For the first time ever, I got cards made in advance and scheduled posts for while I was away!)

But now that I am back, I am hurrying to get a card made for CASology because I haven't missed a week yet.  (I'm going to have to miss one at some point because I don't craft well with the stress of HAVING to do something!!  However, this week is NOT the week that I am missing because I love the challenge - ALL white!)

I got some new dies (turns out my nieces' house is just a few miles from an Archivers!) and wanted to include them on a wintery white card.  They are quite big and I was struggling with how to do it.  I went browsing challenges and, as usual, a challenge came to my rescue...the sketch at Pals Paper Arts!

(I apologize for the shadows on this picture - I have never figured out how to show embossing without keeping shadows)


Joy in White


I did add some glimmer spray to the letters to make them stand out a bit more...


I am also going to submit to the Simon Says...Emboss It challenge.
  • Stamps: none!
  • Paper: white
  • Ink: none!
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug snow folder and snow border folder, Lifestyle Crafts stripe folder and JOY dies, Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist, Stampin' Up sizzlit snowflake strip, crochet thread, Making Memories shimmer white brads

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous die cutting and embossing to crete this beautiful card Kim. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white on white too...and this card is fabulous! LOVE those dies...so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very classy White on White Christmas card Kim - those large letters are gorgeous!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. White on white is one of my favorites! Gorgeous, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your white on white card is stunning! I love all the embossed layering and the "JOY" is the perfect sentiment! Thanks for joining us at the PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kim, this is amazing. Love that snowflake border and the embossed snow behind the JOY sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous white Christmas card - love all the texture! THanks so much for playing along with CASology again this week, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card, kim! i love all the different embossed areas!! thanks for playing along with CASology each week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much going on here Kim but because it's all white it works brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Kim, your details are wonderful, I love white on white - so classy and elegant - I haven't figured out how to get a perfect photograph yet either!!!

    This is beautiful Dawn, I love your gorgeous embossed border and the stunning image.

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with the Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely crisp card with lots of touchy feelly bits! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone has commented on the white theme! It is stunning, Kim! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!