Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Welcome Baby

I don't have any current need for baby cards, but sometimes I just like playing with the "softness" of a baby card so the current challenge at The Paper Players called my name.

Welcome Baby
I have come a long ways in my card photography skills - but pastels and vanilla are still a huge problem for me.  I want to brighten up this picture, but when I try, it loses its softness so I left it somewhat gray and misty looking!!  (If I had all the time in the world, I would probably manually set the gray scale on my camera and about a million other fussy little things - but I'm learning to let go!!!)  Here's a more defined close-up.
Welcome Baby closeup

I am playing along with the The Paper Players.


And I used the sketch from this week's CAS(E) this Sketch! (Although the challenge ends in just a few hours!)


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Hearts a Flutter, Short and Sweet
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Going Gray, Versamark
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Antique Ivory Embossing powder, Hearts a Flutter dies, Vanilla Taffeta, Adorning Accents Edgelits and embossing, pearls, misc pink button



20 comments:

  1. Very cute Kim, I like the scallops and pearls along the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty sweet. I love this.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Perfect for a sweet new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...love the soft look!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet Kim. I might have to case this some time soon.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweeeeeet! Love your take on the sketch--it's perfect for the CAS Paper Players challenge! So soft and pretty! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, this is super cute. I love the softness of the individual components and the fact that there is so much wonderful white space to allow those elements to really shine.
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh what a lovely sweet card, Kim ... love the embossing and the teeny pearls are wonderful! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say that this CAS(E) this Sketch has produced some of the most amazing CAS cards I have ever seen. I keep waffling on my favorites and now, with this, your darling baby card has moved to the top of the collection, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card, especially the scallops on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, this is as precious as can be!! Just perfect for a soft and sweet baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How clever to use the label like this as a babies bib. Such a sweet card. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came by earlier, Kim, and enjoyed catching up on your creations! They are all so beautiful! I love the soft colors and scallops dotted with pearls! So beautiful. I would have told you earlier, but my little shadow had other ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks wonderful on my screen Kim - as all your cards do! The scallop edging is so effective and I like the little pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card, Kim! Love all the white, the embossed "bib" and border. And I feel your pain with the photography thing, I struggle big time with that. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh My! This is just perfect!! So beautiful in its simplicity. I love the embossed effect on the little banner bib. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kim - this card is just wonderful, I love everything about it! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet, feminine card for a little baby girl. Love all the pearls and that scalloped edge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!