Monday, June 9, 2014

Catered Crop: Manly Men


It's time for a new challenge at Catered Crop.  We are creating cards for our "manly men"!

On the one hand, we’ll never experience childbirth.
On the other hand, we can open all our own jars.
~ Bruce Willis, on the difference between men and women



I have been in major purge mood lately.  It's a good thing that I get into purge mood sometimes or you would probably find me on one of those hoarding shows.  I love "stuff".  I love books and cookbooks and cooking magazines - purged by half!  I love spices and vinegars and flavored oils - purged.  I love piano music - purged.  A week ago I took my family up to our little mountain condo in Frisco, Colorado, with the only goal being to purge. HALF the stuff in the condo is gone.  (In fairness to my hoarding tendency, we bought that condo when the kids were tiny.  So the condo was full of kid's games and little snowshoes.  All of their snow gear went to Goodwill.  Sadly, my husband and I have also outgrown most of our early outdoor gear too!  There was a lot to purge!)  Clearly, I love cardmaking supplies and I am in the middle of purging.  I virtually never get into my large box of pre-made embellishments so it's in the middle of being sorted and purged.  But when I started thinking about "manly men" I remembered purging the last few sprocket gears from a Tim Holtz package.  I dug to the bottom of the purge pile - and here they are!


Birthday Gears for Manly Men

Maybe I need to find something else to purge besides my cardmaking embellishments!

"Manly Men" runs for two weeks. Linda always curates a Pinterest board to get you inspired for the challenge.  Then, next Sunday, all of the cards by the design team will be featured for even more inspiration.


I hope to see you with your "manly men" cards!
  • Stamps: Neat & Tangled Everyday Circles
  • Paper: scrap
  • Ink: Simon Says Stamp Khaki, Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow
  • Accessories: Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangles, Tim Holtz Sprocket Gears, misc enamel dots, Hemptique 10-lb twine

13 comments:

  1. Love the combo of gears and enamel dots! The colorcombo is timeless and so sophisticated.
    When I saw your Manly Man card my first reaction was 'wow'!
    And all thanks to your purge pile! Ha, ha.
    I'm more like the hoarding type of person,ha,ha.
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combo of gears and enamel dots! The colorcombo is timeless and so sophisticated.
    When I saw your Manly Man card my first reaction was 'wow'!
    And all thanks to your purge pile! Ha, ha.
    I'm more like the hoarding type of person,ha,ha.
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the hardware! Darling card. Well done on the purging. Need to do that this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim fantastic, the gears are all placed so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab...the perfect guy card...love the gears!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a minimalist, Kim (except for crafting supplies..) so the thought of a purge, or several is right up my alley! DH is scared that someday he'll end up in the "toss" pile! Love this card. Perfectly manly, and perfectly brilliant. Really great. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT use of those gears, Kim! I love this design! (I too need to do some purging... next on my list is 6x6 paper pads. I hardly use them anymore, so it's time for the old ones to go!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific manly man card Kim!! Doesn't it feel good to purge, donate and reorganize, such a sense of accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card in every way, Kim; glad the 'nearly purged' items were saved, because those gears are the perfect touch! Purging is on my "soon" agenda, including clothes, books, 'stuff' gathering dust and yes, some craft items. Even a teensy stash needs a good de-clutter! Feedly isn't cooperating today...makes me feel a tad lost in not knowing what my special people are doing. Hope it's resolved soon!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards have to be the best, I love the clean design and the placement of elements on the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the fun of purging, isn't it?! I love how you used your found objects on this fabulous card, Kims! Happy Father's Day weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!