Monday, July 14, 2014

Friends Like You

I had a bag of sequins out for yesterday's card when I realized that I hadn't touched my latest sequin purchase - the Summer Mix from Pretty Pink Posh (which I got in the Summer Embellishment Kit because it came with another bag of the flower sequins.)  About the same time this was happening, I picked up my binder of dies and all of the full cover plate dies fell out.  I had recently said that I have a difficult time figuring out what to do with cover plate dies - but a light bulb went on this time!

Friends Like You

Continuing with yesterday's "randomness" - I challenged myself to be more random on this card.  Instead of carefully laying out all of the sequins, and then re-arranging, and re-arranging a few more times, I adhered them as I went without any plan (GASP!)  I know some of you are laughing at me right now, but I think this "random" stuff is hard!

Don't forget that the current challenge at Catered Crop is BFFs.  This is the third card that I have been inspired to create for my wonderful group of friends!


  • Stamps: My Favorite Things Grand Greetings
  • Paper: My Favorite Things Kraft
  • Ink: My Favorite Things Kraft
  • Accessories: My Favorite Things Polka Dot Cover Up die, Pretty Pink Posh Summer Mix sequins and Wooden Stars from the Nature Embellishment kit

9 comments:

  1. I'm soooo glad to hear I'm not the only one who is " random challenged!". You seem to be conquering it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for random! Very clever and fun card. I'd be happy if I could just figure out a way to add the sequins into my cards. Four little bags of them now and still I can't see to work them in. LOL

    Great card Kim, TFS!!

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job Kim, love the colorful sequins and the polka dotty cover plate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Filling the cover plate with random sequins was a great idea, Kim. It looks festive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable!! Now I want that cover plate. Fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand the random fear well. I'm a planner and I usually draw a quick sketch of what I have in mind on my working paper before I start. Just in case I forget something or it doesn't work. Sometimes it's good to get out of our comfort zone and see what happens. Good result in this case!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We need to 'heed' those messages that come unexpectedly - great to see that you 'listened' to that cover plate needing attention. Your card: beautiful! The randomness is working wonderfully! Fabulous inspiration!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic, Kim! LOVE those bright sequins with the kraft cardstock!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!