Monday, September 1, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Lovely Leaves


It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

photo source:  flickr.com

I love autumn!!  I love the leaves, but I particularly love the frosty feeling in the air.  Whenever I make a fall card, I add a bit of frost - be it a little glitter or a few clear sequins.  I do love the colors of autumn, but it's the crisp, clean, frosty air that makes it my very favorite season!

Give Thanks

I am definitely giving thanks today but not for the usual autumn reasons.  Yesterday - after two years of hard work and a lot of stress, with not even a Christmas break, I finished my second college degree!!  Yay! Hallelujah!!  Woot, woot!!  I am definitely giving thanks today!!!!  This week, I have a number of mom things to do - including watching my kids' marching band playing at the Colorado Rockies baseball game, so watch for proud mom pictures!  Next week, I am running away to the mountains for a week - just me - with a daily hikes and bike rides, a lot of good books (fiction!) and some DVDs of movies and TV shows that I have missed over the last few years, and of course some great bottles of wine.  I know a lot of you think that sounds lonely - but I am going to revel in the complete lack of responsibility

Check out all the inspiration by my fellow designers.  You can find them all at Curtain Call, but the links are all below so you can find out all the details of each card!

Lovely Leaves Designers

Amy Kolling
Amy Sheffer
Amy Tsuruta
Gayatri Murali
Kim Singdahlsen
Laurie Willison
Lisa Henke
Marisa Ritzen
Maureen Plut
Monika Davis
Sarah Gough
Sheri Gilson
Stacey Schafer
Tenia Nelson
Tracey McNeely


Follow us!


  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Falling Leaves
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Scarlet Jewel, Pure Poppy, Terracotta Tile, Canyon Clay, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Phrase Play #7 die (just the leaf), clear sequins (Clearly Beloved that I get at Simon Says Stamp - these are the clearest of the clear sequins)
Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Lovely Leaves for the challenge details and to play along with us!



23 comments:

  1. Oh, I love those skeleton leaves Kim. Such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on finishing your degree, Kim! That is such a huge achievement. I think your getaway sounds like absolute heaven! I hope it's as relaxing and rejuvenating as it sounds. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Lots of admiration for you. Great card...I enjoy this blog so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo beautiful Kim - Autumn is such a wonderful time of year, full of glorious colours. LOVE your card - a brilliant take on the inspiration image.
    Huge Congrats. on your college degree.
    Your "me-time" in the mountains sounds amazing - enjoy!!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Kim! I love the falling leaves effect!! Congratulations on finishing your degree. Your just-you getaway sounds divine -- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore this, Kim!! Congrats again on finishing and achieving a huge goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY and a big CONGRATS on your 2nd degree Kim!!! Have a wonderful relaxing get-a-way, sounds delightful. Your card is lovely, those open leaves are fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your 2nd degree! That's a big reason to celebrate! I remember when you started with your classes!
    Your week alone sounds heavenly - could use that myself...
    Your card is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay for degrees.. you go girl..

    awesome card.. love those leaves..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really gorgeous card, Kims, perfect for the new challenge! Thank you for the inspiration!!

    Congratulations on finishing up!! I feel like I've been along for the whole ride and I'm very impressed and thrilled for you! You'll have to update us on the job front.

    Have a wonderful relaxing solitary week in the mountains! I think it's awesome that you can do that, and that you do do that in order to recharge those batteries!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big congrats on your new degree! A lot of hard work for sure.....and all of that mom stuff and stamping stuff to keep up with too! You totally deserve a week just for you.....sounds divine......your card is divine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely leaves, lovely card, lovely time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shake hands! I love autumn too!! ( and winter) :-)
    Love your 'falling-leaf-with-translucent/clear-sequins-for-that-crisp-and-frosty-feeling-card' very, very much!!! the gorgeous colorcombo, all that white, wow, just perfect.
    I'd love to see your proud mom pics of your sons. :-)
    HUGE congrats to you!!! Well done and you so deserve some 'you-time' all by yourself!!! Ha, ha, can totally understand the urge to have this week for yourself.
    Your family will benefit too from your little break, because your battery will be fully charged after you come home from your trip to the mountains.
    And we'll benefit too, because it will give your creativity a huge boost, ha, ha.
    But then again, I love everything you come up with! :-)
    Bye and have yourself a wonderful time!!

    Marjolein

    ps. cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love fall, too and LOVE your leaves. Really clever card. Congratulations on your new degree, I assume accounting. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on ur second degree, I am sure it must be really hard with all home responsibilities :)
    Your card is so pretty, I love the clean design !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is autumn-awesome, Kim - and even more wonderful (just a bit more *grin*) SUPER CONGRATS on your accomplishment! Cheering, applauding and happy dancing! I love your 'away time' plans: just you, at the cabin, doing whatever captures your fancy. A book title for you (although I suspect you have a stack already: The Painted Girls...part the 'history' of Degas' dancers' paintings, part mystery. Enjoyable! Truly thrilled for you, my friend!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. Congrats on getting your 2nd degree...im in awe considering all the balls you are juggling! Good for you ...enjoy your well deserved getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kim! Dashed over to find out what die you used for these fab leaves, ended up spending some time here... love your style! Congrats on the degree, and thanks for reminding me about the crimper... mine hasn't been used enough to be dusty - it's time!!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!