Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches: So Kind Butterfly

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell.


In my first Stampin' Up new catalog order, I got the entire array of butterfly stamps and dies - so it was an obvious choice to plop a butterfly on my card!  Plus - my new favorite color is Stampin' Up Watermelon Wonder so that was clearly meant to be the butterfly.

FMS So Kind

After those choices, the card evolved.  I originally had a black and white patterned paper along the edges with a white panel and large sentiment.  It was pretty good, but as I was dealing with a large tower of paper that kept tumbling over on my craft desk, toward the bottom I spotted an unused pad of vellum that Stampin' Up offered for Sale-a-bration this year.  I thought it would be good to add a backing to the butterfly, but then I saw the pattern with the cute little flower stems along the bottom and this card was born!  (Maybe I need to keep my desk out-of-control messy so that I have other happy accidents!?)

Be sure to check out what the other designers have done on the FMS blog and also browse more of Jen's work at her blog, I Create.  Then I hope to see you play along!

SUPPLY LIST

The vellum is the Stampin' Up Sheer Perfection Designer Vellum Stack which, sadly, was only available for Sale-a-Bration.  

18 comments:

  1. It sounds like your desk isn't messy -- you just have everything organized so you can see all of your options. I love the vellum on this card -- perfect for the beautiful scene you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love all over again! I'm so glad you had this 'happy accident' with your papers!! That flowered vellum is the absolute perfect accent to your sweet butterfly. And her pretty colored wings with the vellum are just gorgeous. This is so pretty. Just love this card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I have this vellum and just haven't figured out what to do with it! This is gorgeous! Love the watermelon butterfly with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my desk would create works of art like this!!! Happy accident indeed. What a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card with the watermelon butterfly that just makes it pop. I love the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These vellum papers work perfectly with that gorgeous butterfly! Fabulous use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! This is so pretty!! I love the pretty vellum that you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Kim! I love those colours together! That butterfly is gorgeous! Love those flowers! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Applauding the 'happy accident' that lead to this card's creation! Stunning...and you know I'm swooning over that gorgeous butterfly...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card,Kim!! Beautiful colors!! I love the big butterfly and the vellum pattern is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Kim! Love the embossed background and velum layer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy accidents like that are the best! I've been on the fence about the butterfly stamps and dies and I think this card may have tipped the scales in their favor! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally gorgeous! I love these colours together combined with those stamps and butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmm. This card is so gorgeous. I love your happy accident and you've reminded me that I have that vellum and mine's unused, too! Such a shame, right? I love your choice of colors and that layered butterfly is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely, Kim. I love the pop of color from the butterfly and the vellum you used is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!