Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 199: Get Well Soon

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Karren.  It's a great sketch that leave you lots of room for creativity!!



I just picked up these great Quilted Flower Dies by Lil' Inker Designs.  They are a great, flexible set, because there is the basic shape die, a background die, then the stitching can be added separately if you like.  OR I've seen the stitched flower used repeatedly to created a floral quilted background.  FUN!  I also have one of Lil' Inkers ombré paper pads - Ombré Stripes - and I was thrilled that one of the colors matches a new favorite - Stampin' Up's Watermelon Wonder!

FMS 199 Get Well Soon

I added a little bit of polka dotted vellum behind each flower.  I experimented with a variety of options - a lighter cardstock, plain white cardstock, glittered cardstock - and in the end, I liked the way the vellum coordinated with the fade of the patterned paper. 

FMS 199 Get Well Soon Close

I'm looking foward to seeing what you create.  AND - we are only one week away from the big event. Freshly Made Sketches will hit their 200th challenge!!  That's huge!  I am proud to be part of this team since September of last year.  I went back to see how many times I have used Freshly Made Sketches - I've played 104 times!!  And my guess is that some of you out there will be able to say you've played 200 times.  I even played along with their very first sketch with this card.  Even back then I mentioned how much I was going to love the challenge since they wanted clean cards, but not necessarily simple - that's exactly how I view my style!

Mark your calendars - I've seen the list of sponsors and prizes and this is BIG.


SUPPLY LIST

I've had the polka dot vellum forever and have no idea where it came from.


14 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is so pretty!! I love how you used those flowers with the vellum underneath!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stitched flowers are fabulous! The vellum underneath is sweet! Hard to believe we are hitting 200!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these flowers! And I love this color. Your card will surely make the recipient feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kim! Love the stitched flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are just gorgeous and the dotted vellum is the perfect look! Love this card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooohhhh!!!! I love those flowers! They are amazing! Love the colour! Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! The minute I saw that new paper I kicked myself for pulling it off my order. Wow...104. And I felt exactly the same way when I saw this challenge....finally, something tailored just for me (and you! and so many of our lovely friends).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I am in love with the shape of those flowers! Perfect with the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love monochromatic cards so this card is right up my alley! Those dies are the perfect fit for the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let's try that comment again!
    Your swirly quilted florals and ombre striped paper pairing: delightful! What a marvelous way to help someone feel better...you've definitely brightened my spirits!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is totally gorgeous!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!