Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving: Let the Gobbling Begin

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends from the United States!!

I hope you are surrounded by friends and family and there's an amazing aroma coming from the kitchen!

I usually try to post a thankful/grateful card on Thanksgiving, but as I reviewed what I still needed to make, the only card I needed was for my 19-year old son, so the card needed to be fun and a bit silly.

Gobbling Begin

My men actually do all of the Thanksgiving cooking. I used to offer to help but they have it down to a science and I only get in the way (except that none of them like candied sweet potatoes so I make those for myself). The process started yesterday with the brining of the turkey in an herb/apple cider mixture. Very early in the morning, the turkey will be placed in our smoker. My guys hadn't done it this way before so they practiced a few weeks ago and I can't say I have ever had such a flavorful and juicy turkey!  My mouth is watering already.

SUPPLY LIST

The link to the stamp goes to a full page of Fall/Thanksgiving stamps. Just scroll almost to the end to see this particular stamp.






6 comments:

  1. You succeeded Kim, this is a FUN card!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic - great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Kim. The turkey prepared as you described...oh my! I can only imagine how delicious it was and the leftovers must be simply scrumptious, too. Good on the guys being the chefs; I'd be all over that! Love the 'feast' on your card!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cute Thanksgiving card...I'm sure your son loved it.

    My hubby does most of the cooking. But this year, our daughter cooked our dinner. Very good, but since she's vegan, I missed the Turkey...smile...
    but her SWEET POTATOES were my favorite dish...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is ADORABLE!! I love all the fun papers you used for this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!