Sunday, May 15, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Birdhouse

It's time for a new challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Birdhouse.


As soon as I saw this inspiration photo, I knew that I had the perfect birdhouse die.  It even had the little scallops on the roofs!  It's an early die from WPlus9 called Folk Art Florals, and sadly, is no longer on their website.

CC Being Unique

I paired my cheerful little bird and birdhouse with this sentiment from Reverse Confetti and then needed a couple of gray houses for contrast.  I have to say, I liked the idea of this card better than the outcome - mostly because I have no idea how I will ever use this card.  I think before I put all of the products away, I'm going to do three bright and cheerful birdhouses and maybe a birthday sentiment.

Be sure to head over to the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge to check out the inspiration from all of the other designers.  And definitely check out our two guest designers for this week!

Keeway Tsao, Kiwi Koncepts   
Marcie Sharp, Sharp Designs

SUPPLY LIST

WPlus9 Folk Art Florals die (appears to be retired)
Variety of paper scraps

7 comments:

  1. What a perfect card Kim. Love the row of birdhouses and the pretty papers. Amazing design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEETNESS Kim, love the patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this Kim! Don't worry, some fun bird would gladly receive this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The perfect die ... the perfect sentiment ... the perfect idea with a single coloured birdhouse vs 2 greyish ones! The perfect card! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A charming trio of birdhouses, Kim; the greys paired with the pop of colour adds to the impact. This card will find a home, likely for someone who needs a reminder that they're special just the way they are...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!